Skip to main content

All WIC agencies have transitioned from providing checks to using electronic benefit transfer (EBT) to deliver WIC food benefits. This transition to EBT, referred to as eWIC, will create an easier shopping experience. WIC families will be able to purchase products over multiple trips to the store rather than purchasing everything at one time during the month. To learn more about eWic, click

WIC is a supplemental nutrition program that helps women, infants and young children eat well and stay healthy by providing:

  • Nutritional education
  • Breastfeeding education & support
  • Health screening
  • Community referrals and
  • Supplemental foods

WIC provides every participant or caregiver with the opportunity to participate in nutrition education which emphasizes the relationship between proper nutrition and good health, assists the participant in achieving a positive change in food habits, and encourages all to participate.  

WIC approved foods are:

  • Milk 
  • Cheese
  • Eggs
  • Tuna (Fully Breastfeeding Women Only)
  • Cereal and Juice (Women-Tomato/Vegetable & Children-All juices)
  • Peanut Butter or Dried Beans or canned beans
  • Vegetables & Fruits
  • Whole Wheat Bread, brown rice, or whole wheat or soft corn tortillas
  • Infant formula (Infant to 1 year)

For a complete list of pictured items, click here

WIC encourages women to seek early prenatal care which promotes a positive health outcome for mom and baby. WIC encourages all prenatal women to breastfeed because the results include fewer ear infections for the baby, less respiratory illness, less diarrhea and constipation, saves money, and improves post-partum weight loss.

Eligibility is based on 3 things

Category – Infants from birth up to one year, children 1 year to 5 years,and women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or post-partum up to 6 months.

Income – Calculated on the family income at 185% or less of federal poverty level.

Nutritional Risk – Risk assessment helps to determine the priorty counseling for participants.

All persons applying or re-applying for WIC must show proof of identity, residence, and income for all members of the applicant’s household. Examples include:

Proof of Identity Bring a current & valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, work/school ID card, military card, or passport. Also, bring proof of identity when participants, guardians, or proxies are picking up vouchers. For infants and children, bring shot record or birth certificate.
Proof of Residence Bring the most recent water, phone, cable, gas, or electric bill that has the address on it.
Proof of Income Bring the most recent employment/unemployment pay stub, DFS benefits award letter, Medicaid card, MC+ card or Food Stamp card. If self-employed bring in a copy of your recent Federal Tax papers submitted. All items that apply need to be provided for all members of applican’ts household.
Shot Record Bring for infants and children

Failure to provide these necessary items may cause your appointment to be rescheduled at a later time.

So now that you know more about WIC, why not see if WIC can help make a difference for you and your children?

Call today  – (573) 648-2498 extension 18.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.